Zoning Administrator: Mary Nett 715-584-2336
Steps to take when purchasing land and/or building in the Town of Lessor
The Town of Lessor has a Zoning Ordinance with regulations regarding land divisions, building permits, driveways, culverts, signs, etc.
New single lot residential development requires two-acre parcels or larger and also must have 290 feet of frontage on an existing road.
1. A certified survey is to be done in the creation of parcels ten acres or less and submitted with the $50 fee for review to the Town Board.
2. Obtain a Driveway and Culvert permit from Delmar Zernicke, Town Chairman 715-758-8446. Location of a driveway is to be established before obtaining a 911 address/fire number. New culverts can be purchased through the town and delivered to the site. A fee of $50 includes your new 911 sign, post and installation.
3. Obtain a 911 address/fire number assigned by the Property Listing office located in the Planning and Development Department at the Shawano County Courthouse 715-526-4619.
4. Obtain a Sanitary Permit from the Shawano County Planning and Development Department at the Shawano County Courthouse 715-526-6766. This requires a soil test prior to permit issuance.
5. Obtain a Town of Lessor Zoning/Structure Permit by contacting our Zoning Administrator, Mary Nett 715-584-2336. This permit fee is $100 residential/ $500 commercial and requires a site inspection.
If a Variance Request is necessary, the fee is $300 for a site inspection and hearing with the Board of Appeals.
All one and two family dwellings/units require an inspection. The Town Uniform Dwelling Inspector is Michael Miller and he can be reached at 920-428-3331.
Any questions regarding these steps can be answered by contacting a board member. Thank you.